Cosmetic dental procedures are done for various reasons: to correct defects such as a malformed bite or crooked teeth, treat an injury, or just improve overall appearance. Whatever the reason, the goal is to create a beautiful and natural smile. For these reasons and many others, cosmetic dentistry may be a vital and important part of your dental treatment. Allen Dental is a trusted Idaho Falls Dentist office for cosmetic dentistry.
Some of the more common cosmetic procedures include:
- Bonding Tooth colored material is bonded to teeth closing gaps, correcting tooth rotation, and achieving desired tooth color.
- Contouring and reshaping Tooth Structure is reshaped or smoothed to improve overall tooth appearance. Contouring can correct crooked, chipped, cracked or overlapping teeth.
- Veneers Ultra-thin porcelain coatings are placed over teeth. Veneers can change the color and shape of your teeth. Veneers are a durable and predictable method to correct unevenly spaced, oddly shaped, chipped, rotated, or discolored teeth.
- Whitening and bleaching Custom or Stock trays are used to bleach teeth at home. Whitening techniques and materials have improved allowing for greater results and shorter treatment times.
- Implants Dental implants, which resemble a tooth’s root system, are placed in the jawbone where a tooth is missing. A crown or cap is placed on a dental implant. Dental implants are a very durable and predictable option to replace missing teeth.
- Crowns A crown (cap) covers and protects a tooth. A crown can be used for many different reasons such as: rebuild a tooth that has been broken, restore a tooth with advanced decay, or strengthen a tooth which is compromised in another way. A crown can also be used to improve the esthetics of your smile.
Which techniques should be used to improve your smile? A comprehensive dental exam will allow us to consider many important factors including your overall systemic health.